We understand the struggles that can come with being hit while on your bicycle. Our team is deeply aware of the passions and rights our cyclists have and is committed to providing your case with the utmost quality and care to get the law on your side. According to the National Center for Health Statistics, deaths from bicycle transportation have increased 30% in the last 10 years, from 785 in 2009 to 1,024 in 2018. These numbers are expected to go up due to the dramatic increase in bicycle sales in 2020 while, at the same time, proposed safety measures for improving infrastructure across the U.S. are lagging, such as the addition of new bike lanes, creation of car-free areas, and installation of protective barriers on roads. The Los Angeles Times, for instance, reports an estimated “21% increase in U.S. urban-area ridership compared with the same time-frame in 2019”.
The loss caused by bicycle accidents, whether due to injury or death, can be as devastating as those caused by motor vehicles. Our experienced firm has helped recover thousands of dollars in damages for cyclists in Boston and across the state.
Bicycle accidents can be caused by a number of factors such as: motor vehicles failing to observe proper caution when changing lanes, pulling out of drive ways or across crosswalks, , exiting from a private drive or alley, sideswipes, right or left turns, being ‘doored’, bike-on-bike accidents, running stop signs and lights, and more.
Since Massachusetts is a ‘contributory negligence’ state, it all comes down to the degree of negligence the participants in the accident showed prior and during its occurrence. Sometimes the accident happens because of road hazards such as bad street lighting, loose debris, potholes, uneven roads, and more. In that case, the state or local government may be liable. We will identify all the factors to build a solid case which protects your interests.Were You Hit Riding Your Bicycle? Let Us Help You!
If you or anyone you know has been involved in a bicycle crash, our office is available 24-hours, 7 days a week to assist you with the following:
- Assessing claims and collecting data like driving records, police files, and vehicle documentation.
- Representing you when negotiating with the insurance company or companies of the parties at fault for a settlement outside of court.
- Preparing documents that are related to the accident and necessary for obtaining the compensation you deserve.
- Reviewing medical records and bills related to bicycle repairs, lost wages, impairment of your quality of life, both physical and emotional, and any other relevant documentation.
- Contacting witnesses and recording their statements.
- Preparing for filing a lawsuit, if necessary. Even though we try our best to keep your case out of the courtroom, we will offer exemplary representation inside it as well.
- Representing you through all the phases of your case such as discovery, mediation, trial and appeal.
The law states that anyone involved in an accident should take action as soon as they can. Missing one or several of these steps might make the difference between winning your case and losing it. Fortunately, our expert team is here to help. After you reach out to us, we’ll ensure you have all the proof and data you need to file a successful claim so you can receive your compensation.
You don’t have to go through a personal injury case alone. While you may be able to follow a step or two in the process of recovering damages, the process can become intimidatingly complex. One of the main reasons to hire a good attorney is to benefit from tried-and-tested professional experience over dozens of similar cases and from legal knowledge that no one can acquire just by browsing the internet and reading a few articles.
Contact us today for a free consultation if you were injured in a bicycle accident in Massachusetts. Our skilled attorneys are prepared to discuss the facts of your case with you and to plan out the next steps necessary.