If you or a loved one suffers a car accident injury in Massachusetts, your life can be turned upside-down in a moment. In difficult times, it is important to have an aggressive, and zealous attorney on your side. At the Law Offices of Matthew M. Foti we are passionate about helping those injured in auto accidents anywhere in Massachusetts.
Automobile accidents can have a devastating impact on your life in a matter of seconds. Unfortunately, your insurance company may be unwilling to pay the amount needed to cover the damages caused by your motor vehicle accident. Our knowledgeable Massachusetts personal injury attorneys can help you seek adequate compensation for your losses. We are fully committed to providing the one-on-one service and personalized guidance you need to move forward after an automobile accident.
A motor vehicle accident can lead to an inability to work, care for dependents, or live a life free from pain. If you or a loved one was injured or sustained significant property you may be entitled to compensation for your losses. Our car accident lawyer in CT works relentlessly to ensure our clients receive just, satisfactory compensation for the losses they incurred. Whether you faced financial losses like medical bills to non-economic damages such as pain and suffering, we can make sure that you are able to recover every dollar you need to move forward in life. Through our client focused approach to the practice of tort law, your personal injury lawyer will closely analyze the details of your case and will conduct extensive research in order to develop a legal strategy best tailored to your case. As your legal counsel, we will be your side throughout the entire negotiation and litigation process. Your consultation with us is free and confidentialHow a Car Accident Attorney in Massachusetts Can Help
Our firm represents those injured in car accidents in Boston and throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. We handle all types of car accident cases, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Rear-end Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Hit & Run Accidents
- Hit by a Drunk Driver Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Uber/Lyft/Taxi Accidents
- Passenger Injuries
- Other Accidents
If you are injured or a loved one is injured or killed, you will need a strong advocate. You will need an attorney who will fight to get your outstanding medical bills paid in addition to seeking damages for pain and suffering. It is best to contact a lawyer as soon as possible after an auto accident to ensure that your claim and interests are protected. Any delay may cause issues: Being able to find the other driver, trouble in getting the driver’s insurance information, difficulty in contacting key eyewitnesses and the possible destruction of scene evidence. A delay may prevent you from being able to collect fair compensation. Also, you have only three (3) years from the date of the auto accident to submit a claim for damages or file a lawsuit.It is imperative that a thorough investigation be done before bringing a claim. Analysis of the accident by experts and an experienced lawyer can be the difference between a fair recovery and no recovery at all.Common Rear-End Accident Injuries
When a vehicle collides with the other car in front of it, a read-end accident results. Even though incidents like rear-end collisions may result in minimal damage to the vehicles involved, high-speed accidents often cause serious harm. In the case that you or a loved one has suffered an injury from being in a rear-end accident, you need to call a Massachusetts car accident lawyer who knows how to handle your claim. If a vehicle was traveling at high speed when it caused a rear-end collision, there’s a good chance it could give you a severe injury. Yet it's more straightforward to determine who was at fault during a rear-end incident, our Massachusetts injury attorney can fight to establish you as the victim of negligent driving.Have Been in an Auto Accident?
- Try to remain calm. It is okay to speak with the driver of the other vehicle. Often, at the scene is the best place to get the truth from them.
- Make sure to call the police, and do not let the other driver or anyone else talk you out of calling the police.
- Do not move the vehicles until after the police arrive, unless you are on a highway and in danger of being hit by other cars.
Auto accidents can lead to any of the following injuries (among others):
- Broken bones
- Cuts to the face and head
- Concussion or traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury or paralysis
- Internal organ damage or internal bleeding
- Damage to the cervical vertebrae
- Ankle and knee injuries
- Head injuries
Whether you were a driver or passenger injured in an accident the Law Offices of Matthew M. Foti is here for you.When The Police Arrive
- Be pleasant, cooperative and truthful.
- Describe what happened as you observed it.
- Be careful about how you estimate distances and speeds.
- Do not admit fault. You may have not been in the best position to have seen everything that occurred, and you may not be aware of things that occurred which contributed to the accident.
- Do not say you are not hurt. Some injuries and symptoms of pain may not show up for days. It is often both truthful and prudent to simply say that you are shaken up.
- Provide your auto insurance information as well as make sure to obtain the other driver’s information, preferably by reading it from his or her driver’s license.
- Get the other driver’s name, address, telephone number, driver’s license number, and license plate number. Record the make and model of the driver’s car, motorcycle, van or truck or the number of the school bus.
- If you have a camera (cell phone camera), take photographs of the scene as well as the damage to the vehicles.
- Promptly notify your own automobile insurance company, BUT speak with an attorney before agreeing to provide any type of statement in a recorded telephone conversation. What you say may be misconstrued and later used against you, even by your own insurance company.
These tips can help you protect your rights if you have been involved in an auto accident.